Read, Reflect, Repeat
1. Eat Real Food. Period.
2. Move around frequently. If you exercise, do something you enjoy.
3. Go outside. Period.
4. Feelings follow from actions, they do not dictate them. If you do not feel like doing
something, you probably should do it.
5. Surround yourself with ambitious, optimistic and curious people, notice I didn’t
6. Believe in something greater than yourself, and guess what, it doesn’t necessarily have to be God, but if you are unsure, cultivating a relationship with God is a good place to start.
7. Discover what you are good at, what you enjoy doing and what the world needs from you.
If you pursue this calling, you will not be disappointed.
8. Have a dedicated contemplative or reflective practice. Practice daily. If you miss a day, do not miss a second.
9. Protect yourself from blue light. You need to sleep, 7-9 hours. Period.
10. Protect yourself from technology. Electromagnetic Fields (EMF’s) are real. What
you cannot see CAN hurt you.
11. Social support is critical, but social media is not a silver bullet. Cultivate community. They need you. You need them. The interface is bliss.
12. Sit down and write your 4 key values, family, faith, self-care and service are mine.
This is not an exercise to help you discover your purpose or calling.
God or something greater has already decided this for you.
You simply must discover what it is God or your something greater has created for you.
THIS exercise is for practical purposes: How do I make decisions to fulfill my purpose.
Ask yourself before making any significant decision:
“Will this choice be in line with my values?”
Be mindful, be deliberate. Your soul will thank you.
13. Explore yourself, i.e. explore your mind. Be an objective observer. Seek stillness.
Stillness is not actually the absence of sound, but the absence of noise.
14. Pray, it’s universal, it’s your personal relationship with God or something greater than yourself.
Prayer empties, it fills, it builds, it reveals, it heals.
And if you thought prayer wasn’t for atheists, tell that to Alain de Botton.
15. Breathe and know that you are breathing. For if you are alive, you are breathing and if you are aware of your breathing, you are most certainly alive.